GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause the following serious reactions:
- Severe allergic reactions causing difficulty in breathing or skin rashes
- Decreased kidney function or kidney failure
- Blood clots in the heart, brain, lungs or elsewhere in the body
- Severe headache, drowsiness, fever, painful eye movements, or nausea and vomiting
- Dark colored urine, swelling, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
Do not use GAMMAGARD LIQUID if you:
- Have a known history of a severe allergic reaction to IgG or other blood products.
- Have selective (or severe) immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency with antibodies to IgA.
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause serious side effects. Call your healthcare professional or go to the emergency department right away if you get:
- Hives, swelling in the mouth or throat, itching, trouble breathing, wheezing, fainting or dizziness. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Bad headache with nausea, vomiting, stiff neck, fever, and sensitivity to light. These could be signs of swelling in your brain.
- Reduced urination, sudden weight gain, or swelling in your legs. These could be signs of a kidney problem.
- Pain, swelling, warmth, redness, or a lump in your legs or arms. These could be signs of a blood clot.
- Brown or red urine, fast heart rate, yellow skin or eyes. These could be signs of a liver or blood problem.
- Chest pain or trouble breathing, or blue lips or extremities. These could be signs of a serious heart or lung problem.
- Fever over 100°F. This could be a sign of an infection.
Whenever giving yourself treatments at home, you should have another responsible person present to help treat side effects or get help if you have a serious adverse reaction occur. Ask your healthcare provider whether you should have rescue medications available, such as antihistamines or epinephrine.
What are the possible or reasonably likely side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID for PI?
The following one or more possible reactions may occur at the site of infusion. These generally go away within a few hours, and are less likely after the first few infusions: Mild or moderate pain, swelling, itching, redness, bruising, and warmth.
During the infusion of GAMMAGARD LIQUID, look out for the first signs of the following common side effects: Headache, migraine, fever, fatigue, itching, rash/hives, cough, chest pain/tightness, chills/shaking chills, dizziness, nausea/vomiting, faster heart rate, upper abdominal pain, increased blood pressure, muscle cramps, and sore throat.
These are not all the possible side effects. Talk to your healthcare professional about any side effects that bother you or that don’t go away.
You are encouraged to report suspected side effects by contacting FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch or Shire Drug Safety at 1-800-999-1785.
The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more, talk about GAMMAGARD LIQUID with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Please see the FDA-approved patient labeling